FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) – CAR RENTAL JOHANNESBURG
Are the rates quoted comprehensive? Are there any hidden costs I should know about before reserving a car?
There are no hidden charges !!
The car hire rates do include comprehensive insurance and V.A.T.
The client will be liable for the following normal and optional expenses:
- Daily rental charges
- Exceeding distance charges if applicable, at the applicable kilometer charges
- Delivery and collection charges
- Applicable excess waiver if the Maxi cover option is selected
- Own fuel and refueling charges
- Baby seat/s
- Additional drivers
The client could also be liable for the following abnormal car hire expenses:
- Tyre-, wheels and undercarriage damage
- Other uninsurable damages caused by road hazards, incorrect use or abuse of the vehicle
- Loss of accessories
- Valet charges for soiling of – and spillage on seats and upholstery and interior of vehicle
- The Collision, Fire & Theft (CFT) Excess, i.e. the maximum liability in the event of damages or losses due to collision, fire or theft
- Traffic fines issued to ResQ Rent A Car
How is a day detemined for the purposes of invoicing?
A day constitutes 24 hour periods or part thereof, from the time of receipt of the vehicle to the time of its return, with 2 hours latitude permitted on the return date.
Is travel into neighboring countries permitted and what conditions and rates apply?
Travel to certain neighboring countries is permitted at an additional border crossing administration charge and requires written authorisation and documentation. See Terms and Conditions.
In what areas may vehicles be collected and returned?
ResQ Rent A Car has only a single base, located in Meyersdal, Alberton – for directions, see map on the Contact Us page.
Vehicles may be collected and/or returned at the office, or with prior arrangement, within a radius of 150 Kilometres from its home base, which includes the entire Gauteng Province and neighboring areas of surrounding provinces.